The Princeton Street Department is responsible for the maintenance of streets, sidewalks, city owned parks, storm and sanitary sewer, and roadway signage within the City of Princeton. The Street Department is also responsible for the collection of household and recyclable solid waste. On a daily basis, an average of 6.2 tons of household waste and 4.6 tons of recyclable waste is collected. The Street Department is also responsible for town-wide mosquito control throughout the spring, summer, and fall.
Here is some useful information:
- For initial utility hookup contact the City of Princeton Zoning Department. For maintenance on municipal storm or sanitary sewer or for information about street inspection contact the Princeton Street Department.
- If you are going to be digging on your property, call JULIE before you dig.
- Garbage stickers may be purchased at City Hall.
- To view a schedule for garbage and recycling pickup, holiday garbage schedule.
- For information about our E-Waste recycling program, click here.
- Miles of Street - 58
- Miles of Curb - 60
- Miles of Sidewalk - 62
- Miles of Sanitary Sewer - 48
- Miles of Storm Sewer - 24
- Tons of Household Waste per Day - 6.2
- Tons of Recyclable Waste per Day - 4.6