Our mission is to promote the "quality of life" of citizens, living, working, or visiting in the City of Princeton, by providing police services with the highest integrity and spirit of excellence, in partnership with our Community.
We believe that is our responsibility to protect the constitutional rights off all persons and that we are accountable to the Community.
We believe that crime is not only a "police" problem, but also a "social" problem impacting all aspects of the Community and we are committed to working with the Community to address these issues.
We accept our leadership role in providing for a safe Community through innovative approaches in the suppression of crime and prevention of public disorder.
We are totally committed to professionalism in our operations and are dedicated to providing comprehensive personal services to all of our employees.
We will accomplish our mission by using the "Teamwork" approach and focusing our efforts on co-operative crime prevention measures by:
* Engaging in visible directed patrols to deter crime and traffic problems
* Apprehend and bring criminal offenders to justice
* Recover and return stolen property to victims as quickly as possible
* Move traffic as safely and expeditiously as needed
* Provide the highest level of public service directed toward Community Problem-Solving
* Assist all other emergency personnel as needed or required
* Provide training to keep Officers at their highest level of performance
* Keep proper records of all activities