The City of Princeton Street Department will pick up garbage from all paying residential addresses Monday-Friday. Each residence is allowed a maximum of 2 containers that are 45 gallons or less in size every week. Each container must weigh less than 50 lbs., overweight & over sized containers will not be emptied by city crews, NO EXCEPTIONS. We do not accept demolition materials, electronics or white goods (ie. stove, dishwasher, microwave, refrigerator, etc.) Garbage stickers are required for accepted bulk items and extra containers. Stickers can be purchased for $2.00 each at City Hall, Neighborhood Ace Hardware, and Sullivan’s.
Arrangements for large amounts of garbage may be made by calling the Street Department at 815-872-7331.
- Extra Garbage container weighing less than 50lbs: 1 Sticker
- Small Furniture (Table, Bookshelf, wooden chair, etc.): 1 Sticker
- Mattress or Box Spring: 2 Stickers
- Stuffed Furniture: 3 Stickers
- Small room of Carpet rolled up in 4ft sections: 4 Stickers
Illinois Sharps Legislation
• S.B. 793, signed July 20 (Public Act 99-0082) addresses the disposal of "sharps," including hypodermic, intravenous or other medical needles or syringes. The new law bars consumers from disposing of sharps together with other recyclable material intended for a residential or commercial hauler. The law also authorizes state agencies, local units of government and businesses to establish sharps disposal programs.
Visit www.republicsharps.com for more information or click here for a printable PDF about the Sharps Program.
- Computers & Tablets
- Electronic Keyboards
- Facsimile Machines
- Videocassette Recorders
- Portable Digital Music Players
- Digital Video Disc Players
- Video Game Consoles
- Small Scale Servers
- Electronic Mice
- Digital Converter Boxes
- Cable Receivers
- Satellite Receivers
- Digital Video Disc Recorders